Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Never too late



Although this may be quite a bit late, as the title suggests, it's never too late. I wanted to do a "2008 favs" posting back in the beginning of January but as anyone who actually follows this blog knows, I've been on the other side of the world.

So, as to not waste anymore time than the paragraph above just did (and of course, as always, in no particular order)...
Only one of those albums wasn't posted here before but if you missed any of them (or somehow don't have them anymore), be sure to cop them now!

Other notables (these are all posted somewhere here):
  • Common Market - Tobacco Road
  • Duffy - Rockferry
  • eMC - The Show
  • Jazz Liberatorz - Clin d'oeil
  • Now On - Tomorrow Already
  • Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It
  • DJ K.O. - Picture This...
Well, there you have it. What were y'all feeling in '08? Let it be known!

4 comments:

  1. eMC should have been ranked higher

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fair argument. In response: if I were to do that list 3 different times, it's more than likely that I would come up with 3 different results. Music is all about feeling and it's human nature for feeling to vary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q-Tip - The Renaissance (nothing crazy lyrical, but just good good hip hop sounds for the ear drum)

    RZA - Digi Snacks (has grown on me - dope beats and RZA can't be slept on ever)

    Charles Hamilton - It's Charles Hamilton (one of MANY mixtapes with varying results - notable tracks include Star Chasers, Conversations with God, Lacy Duvalle, Wrong Side of the Bed)

    Reks - Grey Hairs (Straight up NY hip hop the way it should be with dope production including Large Professer and Primo)

    And I haven't stopped playing any and everything by Drizzy Drake Rogers, who is undoubtedly my favourite MC/Artist at current.

    ReplyDelete