Sunday, February 1, 2009

How could I forget...



In the mood for some emo (or at least what I like to call emo)? Well you're on this blog so you don't really have a choice. Or do you? This is another album that I meant to post a while back but never got around to.
Here is a band that treats dizzy cross-eyed awe and a vast bounding sense of sonic weightlessness as their yardstick, jostling to surpass themselves on a track-by-track basis and aiming for the musical equivalent of performing somersaults in tye-dye t-shirts off the rings of Jupiter. They seemingly submit this debut album as an application to acquire and even supersede The Flaming Lips' previously uncontested mantle as spiritual leaders of over-sized Technicolor psychedelic-indie with a soul, weird but not so weird that swelling crowds and even flirtations with the charts aren't a foregone conclusion. Thrillingly eclectic, endlessly colourful and never predictable. It's all a bit ridiculous, but indeed spectacularly so.

-- from Amazon.com
Wow, that was a pretty damn good review. Noteworthy tracks:

- Time To Pretend
- Electric Feel
- Kids

Get it

No comments:

Post a Comment