Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TPC



This isn't my usual posting of dope rap but that's the beauty of this blog... anything goes!

I'm all about supporting local artists. Especially bands that sell their own vinyl at their shows. Saw these guys live last week and they were awesome! More people need to know about Newmarket's own, Tokyo Police Club.

They can be classified under the neo-indie-rock sound... upbeat and just fun music. It's hard to make a comparison to another band but if I had to, I'd say they're kind of like The Strokes but not really.

But enough of me trying to describe them. Just check them out! And if you ever have the opportunity to see them live, don't pass it up.

Get it

2 comments:

  1. I've been on these guys for a couple months now. They produce heat in their genre of music. Choice cuts from Elephant Shell:

    - In a Cave
    - Tessallate
    - Nursery Academy
    - The English is Good

    Really its a solid album from start to finish. I second that they are somewhat similar to the Strokes.

    -Duff

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wise man with good musical taste.

    ReplyDelete